Infrastructure Investments Practice
Sarkis was one of the first law firms that was entrusted to set the BOT legal structure in Syria and has contributed in drafting various important BOT Agreements in the field of telecommunication, energy, tourism and real estate development. The firm completed the first Public Private Partnership (PPP) project for the Container Terminal at Lattakia Port in Syria in collaboration between a multi-national French company and a Syrian holding company.
- 2010 – 2011 - Local Legal Counsel in collaboration with the IFC on the first IPP project in Syria tendered by the Public Establishment for Electricity Generation and Transmission in Syria for the design, financing, construction, operation and maintenance of a new 250MW power plant at the Al-Nasserieh power complex in Syria. The private sector participation in this Project would be through an Independent Power Producer (IPP) approach, which is the first of its kind in the Syrian Electricity Sector.
- 2008 - Advised on a Power Purchase Agreement for a clean energy project in initiated by the Syrian Ministry of Electricity, which eventually adopted the World Bank model contract form.
- Advised on the BOT Agreement signed with the Ministry of Telecommunications in Syria for the first mobile services in Syria in 2000.
- Drafted the BOT agreement for the central transportation station in Aleppo under the rules of the Municipality of Aleppo – 60m USD project – 2007.
- Drafted and negotiated on behalf of Accelerator Communications Company the BOT contract with the Telecommunications Establishment for building ducts from the Jordanian- Syrian Border to Tartous and establishing fiber optic network – 2008.
- We provided legal advice on the PPP framework for clear energy accession by a group of European investors under the Partnership for the Mediterranean.
- Mr. Fadi Sarkis was a speaker at the First Public Private Partnership in Syria in October 2009 where he presented the current legal framework and prospects for the future